To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Master password not accepted

Options
JenniVB
JenniVB
Community Member

I recently had an update on my iphone and it seems to have reset a lot of settings. One of those is that I can no longer use the finger ID to log into 1Password. I have the master password written down, but after entering it multiple times it is not being accepted. I tried to log in on a computer, however, your system says I do not have an account. What do I do??

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JenniVB: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! If you didn't sign up for a 1Password.com membership they you wouldn't have an account.

(Un)fortunately AgileBits has neither your 1Password data nor the Master Password used to secure it, so this isn't something we can 'reset' for you to help directly. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/master-password/#recover-your-master-password

If that doesn't help though, you will need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or simply start over. Do you have your data on another device? I see you've also emailed us separately, so I'll reply there shortly in case we need to get some more information since you didn't include any details in your post as far as which versions you're using.

ref: VIU-37719-764

• JenniVB
    JenniVB
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for responding. I do not have 1password on any other device, i've only used it on my phone. When I set it up, I didn't know it was different for an online account. What I'm having a hard time understanding is that i'm using the correct master password, but the app won't accept it. I don't get that.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JenniVB: Likewise, thanks for getting back to me. Indeed, 1Password.com memberships were introduced last year, so you would have had to sign up for one since then to have that. I see you've also replied via email, so let's continue the conversation there.

This discussion has been closed.