To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

My company will be changing domains this month. Need best practice advise.

Options
pmccormick
pmccormick
Community Member

How difficult is this transition? And do you have some literature/documentation/how to guide that i cold run passed my Executive team?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Changing domains

Comments

• pmccormick
    pmccormick
    Community Member
    Options

How difficult is it to change our accounts/login's to the new doamin?

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @pmccormick! Great question. Are they changing the sign-in address for your 1Password team, or are they just changing email domains? I'd be happy to give advice, I just want to make sure I'm answering the right question. :)

• pmccormick
    pmccormick
    Community Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Hi Jacob,
    Thank you for the attention. We are changing our entire email domain which would also mean we want all our logins to no longer ref;ect [removed].com but our new domain.

Thank you for your help

--pat

• Jacob
    Options

@pmccormick Ah thanks for clarifying. For Login items, the only way to change the website field is to edit it manually. If they're all in the same vault, you could export all the items to a CSV file (which is not encrypted) then edit that file in a text editor and replace all instances of the old domain with the new one and import everything once again. I'd recommend editing the items one at a time if that's doable, though.

This discussion has been closed.