To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Switching from licence to membership account missing entries from iOS devices

Options
elisaalabaster
elisaalabaster
Community Member

I have just changed my 1Password from a licence to a new membership account. I have used 1Password for years using a licence on my Windows 10 PC, my iPhone and my iPad, syncing the different devices using DropBox. I had noticed more recently that the iPhone and iPad were not syncing correctly with the Windows PC, so I was ending up with some entries only on individual devices. To sort this out, I have now gone to a membership account. I have changed over successfully on my Windows PC as my primary device and have imported all the data successfully to my new 1Password account and deleted the old information. All that went smoothly. However, following your instructions to update both of my iOS devices, I am worried that I will lose some of the saved entries that are ONLY on those devices and had not been synced properly to my main account on the PC beforehand. I do not know what all of those individual entries might be, so I can't look for them individually. If I follow your instructions and put the new personal account on to my iOS devices and then just delete the old primary vault, I will lose any entries that were NOT on my PC. Is there a way for me to import the primary vault from my devices without creating duplicate entries for all the things that were in sync, ie. just identify those ones that were different?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Switching from licence to membership account missing entries from iOS devices

Comments

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not working for AgileBits so the following is only what I would do, if I were in your situation.

• I would update to the latest version of the iOS app and then add the 1Password.com account to my iPhone.
    • After that I would create a new vault, called "Old iPhone" and move or copy all the items that are on the Primary vault on my iPhone into this "Old iPhone" vault.
    • After everything has been synced to 1Password.com, I would open the "All Vaults" view in the Windows app.
    • Then I would check all the items which DO NOT have duplicates, because that must be the ones that were missing from your Windows desktop.
    • Then I would move those missing items to the Personal vault on 1Password.com and when I'm sure, delete the "old iPhone" vault. Or keep it, because it doesn't hurt to have that vault still around.

Maybe this works for you, but I'm sure the folks at AB will be able to sort this out for you.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @elisaalabaster - Congrats on the 1Password membership and I'll do my best to assist you today. You could sign into your new account on your iOS devices then move the data that didn't sync over to your new Personal vault. Once you move the data over to your Personal vault, you can then remove the Primary vault from your iOS devices and all the data should be in sync. You can always create a backup via iTunes to be on the safe side as well.

If you can't locate which items you need to move over, like Manaburner mentioned, you could create a new vault and move all the data over to the new vault. You can then go through the list of items and move over any data that didn't sync over initially. Sorry for not having a better solution and keep us posted if you have any additional questions. We'll be here to help.

• elisaalabaster
    elisaalabaster
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you both for the responses. I am trying to follow Manaburner's recommendation of moving everything into an "Old iPad" vault, but there doesn't seem to be a way to select everything at once and move it all to another vault in one go. It seems to only be possible to move one item at a time, which would mean going through every entry individually. Is there not a way to select all entries and move or copy them all at once?

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

There is. In the iOS app go to "Categories - All Items". When you are on top of that list, scroll from top to bottom a bit and you should see "Select items..." appear below the Search field. Click that and click the checkbox on the upper left. That selects all items

• Frank
    Options

Hi @elisaalabaster - Manaburner is correct (2 for 2), if you pull down under the search bar, tap "Select Items" then tap on the circle checkbox at the top to select everything in the list - see screenshot below. Let us know if this helped and if you're able to move everything over to the temporary vault.

• elisaalabaster
    elisaalabaster
    Community Member
    Options

Wonderful, thank you both again. That made it possible to find the (well-hidden) option :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad that helped! We're here for you if you have any other questions. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.