Encountered a few issues while posting to forums

Options
tacomanator
tacomanator
Community Member

FYI: I ran into few issues while posting on the forum described below.

While typing the post the browser window (not the screen) suddenly went dark with an overlay and I could no longer type. I assume the connection was briefly interrupted and the auto-save draft feature was attempting to prevent more input until it could be saved. I waited a few moments and verified the connection was working but the forum page never recovered and I had to refresh. I could not copy the text (without resorting to a developer console) so it was frustrating to have to refresh.

Fortunately most of what I typed was saved as a draft, but this brought to light the second issue. I loaded the draft and finished my post but was unable to post. It said the category is required, but the only item in the category dropdown (Mac) was disabled and I could not select it. I had to copy the text and paste it into a new forum entry.

Finally, I was going to add an image attachment to this post to show the category error, but I can't do that either: the popup doesn't appear when clicking the Image icon in the toolbar, only a shadow of what looks to be the top border appears.

Minor issues and I'm sure this is not your highest priority, but annoying for a customer trying to help by reporting an issue. I'm using Chrome 60.0.3112.90.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @tacomanator

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. Do you have any extensions installed in Chrome?

Ben

• tacomanator
    tacomanator
    Community Member
    Options

1Password, MetaMask, Redux DevTools, React Developer Tools, Wikibuy, ExpressVPN.

• Ben
    Options

Well, we know there isn't a conflict with 1Password. ;)

I don't suspect either Wikibuy or ExpressVPN. I'm not familiar with the other three, but I assume Redux DevTools and React Developer Tools are web development toolkits? If so, as a troubleshooting step, I'd suggest disabling them while using the forums and see if the problem continues.

Please let us know what you find.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.