A Present for Chrome OS and Linux Users [see Dave's first post for details]

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@julianppoon: Great! Be sure to follow Dave's instructions above if you'd like to join the beta! :)

• hakmas
    hakmas
    Community Member

I've sent an email to join Linux/ChromeOS private beta testing.
    I'm waiting for an access.
    Thanx anyway

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for joining the beta, @hakmas!

It can take a few days to send out the invitation email with further instructions. We appreciate your patience while waiting, and be sure to let us know if you don't hear back from us by the end of the week. :smile:

• trentmorris
    trentmorris
    Community Member

Can't wait to try it out! I just sent you guys an email with my info.

1Password on my chromebook = game changer.

:)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! Looking forward to your feedback on the beta! :) :+1:

• iameli
    iameli
    Community Member

Just emailed y'all. I was literally in the process of migrating the company to LastPass because of Linux support, and hating it so far, so your timing couldn't be better.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It's still a beta, but it's really cool to hear that the timing is good for you! Looking forward to hearing your feedback! :)

• talile
    talile
    Community Member

I just signed up for the first time and I can't imagine how I would use this service without a chrome extension since that and not my OS is where I actually do all work. Hope I can join the beta.

• Hi @talile,

Just to be clear: we already have a fully supported extension for the Chrome web browser on Mac and Windows:

1Password Browser Extensions

You'd only need the beta extension if you're using ChromeOS (e.x. a Chromebook), Linux, or for some other reason need to use 1Password in Chrome without installing one of our native apps:

Downloads - 1Password

That said, if you want to help us test the beta extension being discussed here, that's great! :)

Ben

• Tyrola
    Tyrola
    Community Member

It's glad to hear a Linux Chrome client will come. Waiting for many years finally come to an end.

Already sent a application e-email to you, can't wait to test it :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, looking forward to your feedback on the beta! :)

• jtgarcia20
    jtgarcia20
    Community Member

Just signed up, and am waiting for the invite. I'm excited to try it out!

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017

Great, I'll be sorting through and responding to requests tonight! I'm a little behind since we were working on releasing a build today.

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• bhutzler
    bhutzler
    Community Member

I was really happy to here you start support for Linux.
    What's a little confusing is, that there's a 1password beta in the Chrome AddIn Store, but at least me has just learned, that this is not what I'm looking for respectively what's mentioned here ;-)
    So I'm waiting for your email now...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, for the time being it's a secret to everyone private. ;) :+1:

• simo240982
    simo240982
    Community Member

I'm 1Password customer by years (if I'm not wrong from 2006) and I almost switched to LastPass for Linux support when I saw this announcement. I quickly bought 1Password subscription (I was license-based) and I can't wait to try it in linux!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your long-time — and continued — support! Looking forward to your feedback on the beta. :chuffed:

• chasebleyl
    chasebleyl
    Community Member

I just switched from Windows to Linux for my personal machine - glad to see that 1Password is trying out a solution for Linux! I sent an email and submitted the form for the Beta forum - just waiting to hear back with the details!

I can't wait to get set up - copying and pasting from the browser is a little cumbersome!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Great! We'll get back to you shortly. It will be a good to get feedback from even more folks on the beta. :)

• simo240982
    simo240982
    Community Member

@brenty I'm still waiting for the email with instructions, how much time does it take usually?

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017

@simo240982: Depends on the volume, and it is also the weekend. We'll get back to you once we've gone through the requests of others ahead of you. :)

I'm not, however, seeing anything under this address at all. If you haven't heard back within a few days be sure to post the Support ID you received here so I can track it down — or check your drafts folder in case it was never sent. ;)

• stevethedog
    stevethedog
    Community Member

I signed up - waiting for the invite. This is literally the only thing keeping me from making Fedora my primary OS. Please let me drive it asap! I'm so ready.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

We'll get back to you shortly. :)

• tvdsluijs
    tvdsluijs
    Community Member

So I'm switching from a Macbook to a Chromebook soon!!! I hope I'll get beta access :chuffed: would make my life a lot eazier :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Well, it may not be easy at this point, as it's still in beta. But it will be great to have you use it and give feedback so we can make it easier and better for everyone! :chuffed:

• tdegroot96
    tdegroot96
    Community Member

Great to hear the news! :chuffed:

I signed up, using the email I use for my account in our Teams membership. Did I use the right email address or should I use the email address that owns the team?

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@tdegroot96: It looks like you used the correct email address and forum username. :+1:

We'll get back to you shortly. :)

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• srcoder
    srcoder
    Community Member

Are we allowed to talk about this in public now and put all those feathers inside your awesome devs via social media?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@srcoder: Thanks for your passion! Not yet. We'd like to keep things private for now (as indicated in the announcement at the top of the area you're given access to as a beta tester). We've still got some work to do before we share this with everyone, so please direct your enthusiasm there for now so we can work toward it being ready for everybody. :)

• forquare
    forquare
    Community Member

Really excited about this, is 1Password for Linux deeply tied to Linux, or would you be able to easily build for FreeBSD too? If not, I'm wondering how well it would run under the Linux Compatibility Layer…

This discussion has been closed.