To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Forgot master password but can still unlock with Touch ID.

Options
andrubal
andrubal
Community Member
edited August 2017 in Memberships

This problem has been discussed profusely but i cannot get it solved. This is my case:
1) I can use the app on my iPhone via Touch Id
2) I have forgotten my master password
2) I want to reset my forgotten password. For that, I have followed the instructions as read in several threads (i.e. https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/80792/master-pw-forgot-on-mac-but-can-still-login-with-touch-id-on-iphone):
a) I have opened an account
b) I have tried to import my vault but at certain point **it asks me again for the master password ** which I don' have.

what am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your help

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @andrubal,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. At which step of the process are you being prompted for your Master Password? Have you tried entering the Master Password for the 1Password.com membership trial you set up?

Please let us know. :)

Ben

• andrubal
    andrubal
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply.
    This is the point when I am asked for the master password of the vault I am trying to import:
    1) I follow the steps from these link: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#migrate-your-data-on-your-main-device
    2) When I get to the step 2: "Import data into your new account", I select "Select AgileKeychain" and as anticipated in the stage three, i am requested to "Enter the Master Password of the vault you’re importing" (which is the one I don't have). I did try the password I chose for the membership but does not work.

• Ben
    Options

@andrubal

I don't see that instruction anywhere on that page... I don't see anything about importing, and indeed that is not part of the process. I've taken a screenshot of the page as I see it:

Screenshot of "Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account"

You don't have to do anything with an Agile Keychain or importing. :)

Please try following only the instructions presented on that page, and let us know how it turns out.

Ben

• Ben
    Options

Ah, I see where you were getting the import instructions from. It appears you were looking at the instructions for Windows. But you'll want to do this on iOS since that is where you have access to your data. Sorry, I should have been more explicit about that point.

Ben

• andrubal
    andrubal
    Community Member
    Options

I worked nicely. I chose the wrong OS
    Thanks a lot

• Frank
    Options

That's fantastic news! On behalf of Ben you're very welcome and let us know if you run into any questions along the way. We'll be here to help. Enjoy the weekend. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.