To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Mac crash: How to sync from iPhone?

Options
Bluesy
Bluesy
Community Member

After Mac crash: How can I get data from iPhone to my newly installed 1Password on Mac? My iPhone was not linked to my 1Password-account at first. Now I have 2 items on the Mac that get synchronized to the iPhone without problem. But the 359 items on the iPhone do not synchronize to the Mac. What is the problem? >_<

thanks for help

Bluesy

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: 4.6.6
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: 1Password account
Referrer: forum-search:After Mac crash: How can I get data from iPhone to my newly installed 1Password on Mac?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Bluesy: You just need to have all of the data in your 1Password.com account and then sign into it on each device. There is no sync setup. Have you migrated everything to your account? You can check by signing in to your account on 1Password.com in your web browser. Then you just need to use the same setup on each device:

Sign in to your 1Password account on a new device

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Bluesy
    Bluesy
    Community Member
    Options

The 1Password account just shows the two lonely new items that get synchronized. I would like to migrate from my iPhone but I find no way. The upload sign does not show. I seem to have three vaults in my family-account.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Bluesy: Thanks for confirming! Indeed, if you only have two items in your account, that's all that will show up when you sign in on any device. If you haven't setup your 1Password account on your iPhone yet, just follow the guide I linked in my previous reply:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Otherwise, follow this guide to move the items from your Primary vault to your 1Password.com account's Personal/Private vault:

Move items between vaults

Then, once you have everything in your account, remove the Primary vault in 1Password Settings > Vaults > Primary > Delete vault.

Let me know how you get along! :)

• Bluesy
    Bluesy
    Community Member
    Options

Thanx for the advice. I will keep on trying this evening. I just do not want to make mistakes and lose my data.

Bluesy

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Bluesy: That's a really good point! Thanks for bringing it up. While everything you have in your 1Password.com account is automatically backed up, you can also manually backup your data locally. Better safe than sorry! :)

• Bluesy
    Bluesy
    Community Member
    Options

So now I did proceed. I could move some items to the "personal" vault and it synchronizes to my Mac. BUT: When I try to move more than just some few items the App crashes. And sometimes the app does not allow me to move the items to the "personal" vault. Than again it does. What does this mean?

Bluesy

• Bluesy
    Bluesy
    Community Member
    Options

I had to migrate in small quantities. Not more than 10 items at a time. This took very long and sometimes I had a crash again. And worse: I watched the migration on my 1Password-Account to be sure everything went right. Sometimes I migrated seven items, but only six were counted. I could not rely on the migration-process. Now I can not be sure that everything was passed to the new vault. I have to check every item. Why is this?

Bluesy

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017
    Options

So now I did proceed. I could move some items to the "personal" vault and it synchronizes to my Mac. BUT: When I try to move more than just some few items the App crashes. And sometimes the app does not allow me to move the items to the "personal" vault. Than again it does. What does this mean? I had to migrate in small quantities. Not more than 10 items at a time. This took very long and sometimes I had a crash again. And worse: I watched the migration on my 1Password-Account to be sure everything went right. Sometimes I migrated seven items, but only six were counted. I could not rely on the migration-process. Now I can not be sure that everything was passed to the new vault. I have to check every item. Why is this?

@Bluesy: Can you clarify what you mean by "crash"? Are you getting an error message? That doesn't make any sense. Maybe something is damaged, perhaps the app or some of the data is corrupt. What kind of vault are you using, and how old is it?

Definitely send a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support+forum@agilebits.com and add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#GFG-27599-237]

(note: this support ID code is only for Bluesy; please do not use it if you are someone else)

I'd love to get our developers the crash logs as well. Just follow these steps:

1. Open Settings app
    2. Go to Privacy, then Diagnostics & Usage
    3. Select Diagnostics & Usage Data
    4. Locate the log for 1Password. The logs will be named in the format: 1Password__
    5. Select the desired log. Then, using the text selection UI select the entire text of the log. Once the text is selected, tap Copy
    6. Paste the copied text to Mail and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com and add this to the subject line:

[#GFG-27599-237]

(note: this support ID code is only for Bluesy; please do not use it if you are someone else)

This will link everything to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Thanks in advance!

ref: GFG-27599-237

• Bluesy
    Bluesy
    Community Member
    Options

I will try my best. "Crash" means, that the 1Password-App on my iPhone just stops working without any comment. I find myself on the main screen. The App then starts again and sometimes I find the items migrated on my account. The account I am using is an old one, because I am using 1Password for a long time.

• Bluesy
    Bluesy
    Community Member
    Options

Did not find the crash log. Might find it with a little help from you guys. I am writing from Germany so my iPhone speaks German.

The diagnostic report is sent. I remember to have read in one of these threads that migrating from iPhone causes more problems than from Android, but I might be mistaken.

Bluesy

• Frank
    Options

Hi @Bluesy - Thank you for sending over the report. Can you post the Support ID that was included in the subject line when you sent over the report? We look forward to hearing back from you soon. Thank you again!

• Bluesy
    Bluesy
    Community Member
    Options

What I can send you ist the number I got from you: [#GFG-27599-237]. I do not have any copy of the mail I sent to you.

Bluesy

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Bluesy: Unfortunately that Support ID won't be useful unless it's in the subject of the email like this:

[#GFG-27599-237]

If you generated a diagnostics report, it either was not sent at all (stuck in your drafts maybe) or was sent from an entirely different email address without the Support ID in the subject line. I'm just not seeing anything here. Can you follow my instructions above to send it?

This discussion has been closed.