Login opens on every start

I installed the extension today.
I'm verry impressed of it. Finally an easy way to use 1pw with Linux.

I use multiple linux systems, a mac and a windows system.
All these systems use chrome as their default browser.
The Mac and Windows System have 1pw 6 installed locally and also use the chrome extension.
I configured the new extension on the linux systems.

Now every time I open chrome on Windows or Mac the new extension opens a new tab where I should log in.
Since I use 1pw natively on these systems with the normal chrome plugin I'm not interested in logging in here.
It would be better just to open this page after installing the plugin or when clicking on the icon when the user is not logged in.

Also it's a bit confusing now to have 2 1pw icons.
1 is unusable on the Linux systems and 1 wants me to sign in on Mac and Windows.
Maybe I'll remove the old extension using the native 1pw when the new extension is fully functional.

Also I'm missing the right click into a field and clicking on 1password with the new extension.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hello @virtualmarc,

Welcome to the 1Password for Chrome beta crew!

It sounds like you're using a Google account to sync your Chrome extensions. When this is enabled, any Chrome extension you install will also be installed on the rest of your devices. Since our new Chrome OS and Linux extension is completely different than our Mac and Windows extension both will always be visible if you've installed both.

If you don't want both browser extensions visible, you can disable syncing extensions on your Linux computer(s) in Chrome Preferences > Sync. Then just remove the extra 1Password extensions from all your computers by right-clicking them and selecting Remove from Chrome....

We have plans to make this better in the future, but for now, we need to keep these two extensions separate.

I hope that helps, but if you have any additional questions, please let me know.

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.