Cannot download the new version to macbook pro and also cannot open the app anymore on my iphone 7+

jadeo
jadeo
Community Member

Hello. I would really appreciate some help. I am using one password on my macbook pro, version 6.7.1 and recently tried to update it as I was prompted as the macbook is new. I could not download the new version, despite trying about 5 times. I have a license from 2015 although it says my email address is not recognised. Since getting my new mac i cannot open the app on my phone (after syncing) even though it recognises the vault on icloud. The password which works no problem on my mac, does not open the app on my iphone 7+. Can anyone help please?
Thanks

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: 4.6.9.90
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2017

Hi @jadeo

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. Where is your 1Password data accessible from at present? The Mac?

Please let us know.

Ben

ref: QNU-98345-518

• jadeo
    jadeo
    Community Member

Hi Ben, Thanks so much for answering my question. It is working on my MacBook Pro no problem, however I do notice that I am not using the updated version, and am not able to download it. I was reading a blog from AgileBits from February that said there was a problem and so I downloaded the manual version. I am worried that if I replace my current version that I will loose my already saved passwords? How does that work. Do I have to note them down somewhere to be sure they are not lost?

Amazingly, I have somehow got my app working on my phone but I cannot tell you how! It recognised my vault in icloud but kept telling me that the Master Password was wrong (which it wasn't). Something seemed to clear itself up when I connected using dropbox, however I am not really satisfied that I cannot do it through icloud. Even though it is now working, it still cannot verify the password through icloud which is irritating.

So basically even though it is working now on my mac laptop and my phone, it is obviously not working on the up to date level or optimally.

Thanks again Ben.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Jade

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2017

@jadeo,

It sounds like the data in iCloud is stale... likely because you had previously set up syncing with iCloud but then for one reason or another stopped, or it stopped working. That would be the most likely explanation for why the Master Password for the data in iCloud is different than the Master Password for the data on your device. There are a few ways you can move forward at this point.

1. You could forget iCloud and continue syncing with Dropbox since it sounds like that is working for you. This would require the least amount of effort as it sounds like no further action would be required.
    2. A 1Password membership is now the best way to use 1Password. You could migrate to a membership, which would mean backups and sync are handled for you. Once set up all you need to do to use 1Password on all of your devices is download the app and sign into your account. You can read more about the benefits of membership here: What are the benefits of a 1Password membership? and if you decide that sounds like something you'd be interested in you can learn about how to migrate here: Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account
    3. You could reset the data in iCloud, turn off Dropbox syncing, and then switch back to iCloud. Frankly I wouldn't really recommend this route as it would mean a fair bit of work for very minimal (if any) return. That said if you'd really prefer to sync with iCloud this would be the way to get there. Please let me know if you'd like the instructions.

As for getting updated to the latest version of 1Password it looks like Laura is already assisting you with that via email. She is awaiting your reply.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.