Finger Print Scanner for Windows Surface

mrlawmsp
mrlawmsp
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hello,

I would like to use the finger scanner on my Windows Surface Pro to log into 1Password.
I have the finger print scanner built into my keyboard. This would make it easy and secure to login. Do you know if this is being worked on?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I would like to use the finger scanner on a Windows Surface Pro to log into 1Password!

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mrlawmsp,

Thank you for using 1Password! :)

Fingerprint reader support requires Windows Hello support and Windows Store app. We are working on an UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app right now, but I don't have any timeframe for when that will be ready or when we will have a fingerprint unlock in 1Password on Windows.

Should you have any other questions about 1Password for Windows or 1Password in general, feel free to contact us anytime.

Cheers,
    Greg

• freeAgent
    freeAgent
    Community Member

It's great to hear that you're working on a UWP app with Hello support. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Likewise, thanks for your encouragement! We'll be even happier when we have more to share. :chuffed:

• architect1337
    architect1337
    Community Member

Add me to this too. Looking forward to this version - especially the version for Windows 10 mobile. I know, small user base, but I still use the version that was released a few years ago (only available via my Library now on my. phone) but it still works and allows me to look up the odd password if i'm out and about.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for chiming in. I can't say when we'll have a new UWP version ready, but it's important to us to follow Microsoft's lead and use their tools to make the best — and most forward-thinking — app we can. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.