Wrong resp. non-working OTP codes

pauLee
pauLee
Community Member
edited August 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have a secret for a OTP token with a SHA512 hash.

1PW generates me wrong, non-working codes. I tried it now with 1PW for windows and iOS. Both generate always different and wrong codes at the same time.

I have tried to give 1PW for windows the secret as 128bit HEX and BASE32 - both doesn't work. With iOS I scanned the QR-Code.

The code comes from a Sophos UTM.

OTP Auth on my iPhone generates correct code.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.625
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @pauLee,

Thanks for writing in.

I tested their sample on this page: https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/120324 and it shows up the same in 1Password 4, 6 for Windows, 1Password 6 for iOS and OTP Auth app you've linked?

Are you using the counter-based OTP (HOTP), the other OTP option for Sophos?

• pauLee
    pauLee
    Community Member

Hi Mike,

thanks for your reply. Sophos uses time-based OTP (totp). If you wan't we can talk in a private chat. I can give you a URL and credentials to test it by yourself.

• Hi @pauLee,

Could you please email us directly at support+windows@agilebits.com with the link to this thread and your forum username.

Thanks!

• pauLee
    pauLee
    Community Member

I will do so. Only for information ... it´s a problem on all platforms .

• MikeT
    edited August 2017

Hi @pauLee,

Right, it'd be easier for us to try to reproduce it on Windows than on the iOS device since they have the same problem. We can get more details from Windows than iOS and we can ship fixes faster there as well.

ref: MKR-52256-865

This discussion has been closed.