To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Primary Vault Sync and the Pro Plan

Options
Stasi
Stasi
Community Member

Main objective: Having all passwords and logins on all devices.
Second objective: Is the Pro Plan the best option?

All my logins and passwords are located in the Primary Vault. I have a new Mac laptop and cannot figure out why the Primary Vault that is on my Mac Pro, iPhone and iPad is not appearing on it. Upon logging into 1Password online, the Primary Vault does not appear also. On all devices and online there is the Personal Vault and Shared Vault. Personal and Shared Vaults did not contain any passwords or logins until setting up the new laptop. Primary Vault syncs via iCloud. I cannot see how Personal and Shared vaults sync. What is the best way to have all logins and passwords on all devices? Please advise.

Account Type: Pro Plan (early adopter) paid annually
First purchased on Mac OS through App Store. Both Macs and iOS devices are up to date with operating system 1Password version 6.8

As I recall, I purchased the Pro Plan before a Family Plan was available. The Pro Plan is $3.99/month paid annually. If I switch to a Family Plan for $4.99/month will that solve the Primary Vault issue?

Thanks for the support.

1Password Version: 6.8 Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Stasi: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! First and foremost, switching plans won't have an effect on this. The best thing to do is to use the Personal vault instead of the Primary. Primary is a local vault (which you're syncing with iCloud) and is completely separate from 1Password.com. So it sounds like what you want is to move its data into the Personal vault so it's available on all of your devices (and 1Password.com) where you sign into your 1Password.com account. That's the best way to not only have it available everywhere, but also have it backed up safely offsite so you never have to worry about losing it. Just make sure you have your Emergency Kit and you're good to go!

Regarding plans, I'm glad to hear that you locked in the early adopter special! Now, 1Password Teams is geared toward businesses, so we don't typically recommend it for personal use. But that's just because it has more advanced features than frankly most people want. But companies like them because it's flexible enough to help them manage permissions for many users. You could switch to the family plan, but there are two things you should to consider personally:

1. 1Password Families uses a simplified user/sharing/permissions model, so if you want the more granular controls or intend to use it in a business setting it would be best to stick with 1Password Teams.
    2. 1Password Teams is charged per-user. Conversely, 1Password Families includes 5 family members in the base price. But if you do not have loved ones who will use it with you, it would technically be cheaper to stick with the special 1Password Teams plan you have.

Hopefully this information helps, but please let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.