To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

No longer have access to email I signed up with; can't get license info

Options
rdwhitenack
rdwhitenack
Community Member

I am trying to get all of my license info so I can set up 1Password on my work PC. I opened 1Password on my Mac, clicked the option to see my licences, clicked on "find license" which brought me to a 1Password webpage that prompted me to enter my email so the license information could be resent. I am pretty confident the email that I used at the time of registration is one that I can no longer use. How do I change that email address so I can get my license info?

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: 4.6.9.90
OS Version: OS X 10.12.3 and PC Win7 and 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rdwhitenack: Just to be clear, are you referring only to the email address you used when purchasing a 1Password license, the one you used to sign up for an account in this support forum, or are they one in the same? Either way, please shoot us an email at support+licenses@agilebits.com with your purchase details and we can help you find and update your license information. Just post the Support ID you receive here so we can find it and get back to you quickly. :)

• rdwhitenack
    rdwhitenack
    Community Member
    Options

I will send that email right now. Thank you. I used a separate email to sign up for this support forum, so the only email I need help with is the one I used to initialize with 1Password when I began using the product.

• @rdwhitenack: I see that Megan from our team has been in touch regarding your ticket RQJ-61132-277, so hopefully we can continue the conversation there:)

• cab_appleseed
    cab_appleseed
    Community Member
    Options

i have the same issue - purchased 1 password in 2015 on app store, use on mac, iPhone, iPad am trying to set up on PC but can't locate license

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cab_appleseed,

So we can better assist you with sorting this out, you'll want to do what brenty suggested above:

please shoot us an email at support+licenses@agilebits.com with your purchase details and we can help you find and update your license information. Just post the Support ID you receive here so we can find it and get back to you quickly. :)

Thanks in advance!

• Marsh1120
    Marsh1120
    Community Member
    Options

I set up an account several months ago using my iPad. I quickly lost the password and can not recover that account. Today I set up a new account on my iPad and then went to set up on my Mac....the new account key is not recognized. The first part of the key given is not even close to the one for my new account. Please help me reconcile these accounts. I would like to just delete the first one, but of course without the password, that is a challenge.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017
    Options

@Marsh1120: Each account will have a completely different Secret Key, as this is generated at random on the device when you sign up. Do you have your Emergency Kit? There just isn't any way for us to grant you access without all of your credentials, but if you have a device that's already authorized you may be able to retrieve the Secret Key from there (under Settings/Preferences > Accounts). Let me know what you find!

This discussion has been closed.