1Pass extension. iOS 10. Safari requires 1P password to fill login. ???

Options
bizbeblu
bizbeblu
Community Member
edited August 2017 in iOS

1Pass extension. iOS 10. Extension installed per directions here. Try to use 1P with Safari to login to a site. Every time I ask it to fill in a password I have to type the 1P master password to fill login. ??? Supposedly the extension stays open in Safari after the extension is installed. This really limits the usefulness of the app. Thoughts?

Robert

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:safari extension

Comments

• bizbeblu
    bizbeblu
    Community Member
    Options

Trying to post.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bizbeblu: It sounds like you just want to set it not to lock on exit (in 1Password Settings > Security). Does that help?

• bizbeblu
    bizbeblu
    Community Member
    Options

In 1P - iOS under security, I have Lock on Exit turned off. Auto-Lock forces me to select various times up to 1 hour. There is no option to turn it off. Oddly, the desktop version allows this to be turned off, but not the iOS version. Bit frustrating.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bizbeblu: Hmm. I'm not able to get 1Password to lock each time with Lock on Exit disabled. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to do exactly. Can you give me the exact steps you're taking and what is (or is not) happening as you expect? Which version of 1Password are you using? Which iOS device is this, and are you using Touch ID?

• bizbeblu
    bizbeblu
    Community Member
    Options

1P 6.31, Latest? 3.0.4 and 4.5.2 also appear under "software licenses." I go to Settings>Security>Lock on exit or Auto-lock. Lock on exit is turned off - 1P still locks. Auto-lock forces me to select a time interval, max 1 hour. There is no option to turn it off. Trying to use it with Safari, I have to enter the unlock code whenever I want it to fill a login. One possible clue is that at one site when I touch the login, the keyboard comes up. I then have a "fill in password" that populates the fields allowing login. Probably I don't have the sites registered right in 1P?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @bizbeblu,

1Pass extension. iOS 10. Extension installed per directions here. Try to use 1P with Safari to login to a site. Every time I ask it to fill in a password I have to type the 1P master password to fill login. ???

What you've described will happen if you do not have Touch ID enabled. If you'd like to not have to type your Master Password each time you use the extension you'd need to enable Touch ID (or a PIN, if your device does not have Touch ID).

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.