Member accidentally removed from group while recovered

Options
emilr
emilr
Community Member

Hi

I was editing the group membership list at the same time as a colleague of recovered a member. From the activity list i appears as I removed the just recovered member from the group:

I'm 99,99999 % sure that I didn't touch the Kim B. user.

I hope you can reproduce the bug or confirm that this was a user error on my behalf.

Best regards
Emil

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @emilr! I'd be happy to take a closer look at this. You mentioned that you edited the group membership of this user... Did you change their permissions on it, or remove them from it? And when were you doing this, since you were also doing recovery? The audit trail you posted shows that recovery was started, they were removed from the group, and recovery was completed. When did you edit their group membership along this timeline?

I'll use that info to try reproducing the issue. Thanks! :)

• emilr
    emilr
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Jacob

I was editing the group. E.g. the overlay with the list of members on the group detail page.

Regarding the timeline I don't have a precise timeline, as I only edited the list of members of the group (setting and removing green checkmarks). Other from the audit trace posted I don't have precise timing.

I hope you can understand my description - otherwise let me know and I will be happy to elaborate.

Best regards
    Emil

• Jacob
    Options

@emilr Thanks for clarifying. Just to be sure we're on the same page, did you remove someone else from the group, but not the person you recovered? Or did you add someone to the group? Also, is it one of the built-in groups or is it a custom one?

• emilr
    emilr
    Community Member
    Options

@Jacob

I removed 3 other members from the group.

It is a custom group.

Best regards
    Emil

• Jacob
    Options

@emilr Thanks! I was able to reproduce this. It's certainly an interesting bug. What happens is when you edit the members of the group, the one in recovery isn't even shown in the list because it's not technically an active member. So it's removed as a result of merely editing the group's member's. I'm going to let the team know about this so we can get it fixed up. Thanks again. :)

ref: B5-3080

• emilr
    emilr
    Community Member
    Options

You are welcome @Jacob

Good to hear you could reproduce this, so you guys can get it fixed!

Best regards
    Emil

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Likewise, thanks for bringing this up! :)

This discussion has been closed.