To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Master Password works on my computer, but not on the website or ios app

Options
benjaminfhardy
benjaminfhardy
Community Member

My master password allows be to sign in on my computer, but not the website or the ios app.

The ios app allows me access with touch id, but does not sync.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2017
    Options

Hi @benjaminfhardy,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Were you previously using 1Password, and then signed up for a 1Password membership? If so it sounds like you are likely to still have your old Primary vault, and that is the password which is unlocking 1Password on your computer. Your account password would be different.

Do you have an Emergency Kit? That document should contain your account password, unless you have changed it since creating the kit:

About your Emergency Kit

I hope that helps!

Ben

ref: HJE-71112-725

• benjaminfhardy
    benjaminfhardy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben,

Thanks for your response. I have my emergency kit. All of the information in the kit works with my 1password on my computer. It does not work with the website.
    Do you have any other ideas of how to remedy the situation?

• benjaminfhardy
    benjaminfhardy
    Community Member
    Options

Why can I log in to the browser extension but not the website or app?
    For the first week or so I was using 1password, it was syncing with my ios app and the website. I am now locked out of the website and the app, but not the browser plugin.
    Please help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Ben
    Options

@benjaminfhardy

I see you also emailed us about this issue. We'll continue the conversation there. Thanks!

Ben

• Ben
    Options

@benjaminfhardy

I just saw your second thread started on this same question. Please try to avoid contacting us multiple times or via multiple communications channels about the same issue. It causes a duplication of efforts on our part which slows down the support process for everyone. Thanks for understanding. I've responded to your email inquiry and await your reply there.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.