To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

When I try to log into my 1password Account I just get told that the Request Timed Out

Options
RossA
RossA
Community Member
edited August 2017 in Memberships

Hi - I am trying to log into my 1password account at work but after scanning my Emergency Kit document and entering the correct password I get told that the request has timed out. It means that I can't load any of my vaults. Can you help?

1Password Version: Latest in app store
Extension Version: Latest in app store
OS Version: OS X10.12.6
Sync Type: 1password account
Referrer: forum-search:request timed out

Comments

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Are you logging in within the 1Password app on Mac or are you using your browser? It sounds like you're using the 1Password app and that something is blocking its internet access to 1Password.com, probably a proxy server or some "security" software. Do you know if anything like that is used at your workplace?

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @RossA! Sorry about that. To see if it's just a temporary glitch, could you first try restarting your computer? This usually happens if the internet connection is inconsistent. Also, as Manaburner mentioned, antivirus or proxy software can cause connectivity issues to 1Password.com. Please check for those as well, and disable them if you can to see if that makes a difference. Let us know how it goes!

• RossA
    RossA
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks - It was to do with the proxy. Got it sorted now. Thanks to both of you.

• Frank
    Options

That's fantastic news! On behalf of Manaburner and Jacob, you're very welcome. Please feel free to reach out to us anytime, we're always here for you if you need us. Enjoy the rest of your day!

This discussion has been closed.