To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Incorrect sign-in address is preset on iOS app, and it doesn't allow me to change it

Options
c12atom
c12atom
Community Member

Hi, I made a personal account on 1password and then changed my subscription to a family plan, which changed the sign-in address on the iOS app automatically to the family sign-in address. But since I first made my account as a personal account, I believe that my sign-in address is still my.1password.com. However, when I try to change the sign-in address on the iOS app, there is no option to do so (I can't click on it. That form is not being allowed to edit.) So I'm now in this limbo where I can't either login or logout completely. What should I do? Why was the app built so that you can't change the preset sign-in address? Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:ios app incorrect sign-in address

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @c12atom,

If you now have a 1Password Families subscription your sign-in address would no longer be my.1password.com. It would now be the new address that you picked when converting. If you're trying to add the account and the correct details are not available under the "we found X accounts" heading, then select the "add other account" option.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• c12atom
    c12atom
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben,
    I thought my sign-in address didn't change because I was still able to login using my.1password.com. You were right, though! I think I was just keep typing in the wrong master password. Thanks for the help!

• Ben
    Options

You're welcome. While it may be possible, in some circumstances, to use the my.1password.com address, the sign-in address has actually changed and the more accurate one (and one that will work everywhere) is the new one. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.