Frustrating start

I signed up for 1password.com, and then I logged it from the app on my phone. It asked me if I wanted to copy my passwords over, which is good, and I said yes. It sat there for a long time copying (how long should it take to copy a mere 167 passwords?). Eventually the phone went into standby, so I unlocked it and of course I had to reauthenticate to 1password. Whatever copying process had been in progress was interrupted, so that I was now at the main screen but it had clearly only copied a subset of my passwords. So I tried to fix it by going into my primary account, selecting all, and copying them. I assumed it would be smart enough to de-duplicate, but no. Now I have tons of duplicates. I figured I'd just delete all of them from 1password.com and re-copy from my primary account, but there seems to be no way to bulk delete, and to delete each one takes several steps. Every step feels like the software is fighting me. It's not pleasant UX.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• This is one of those posts where, having slept on it, it seems more vitriolic than I would like. Also, it is only peripherally related to the Chrome OS beta, in as much as I had to migrate to 1password.com in order to make use of the beta, and the process of doing so hit the wall before I could even get started.

I've been trying to solve this on my own, but I can't find a way to delete my personal 1password.com vault, delete all the items within it, or otherwise reset my account. I could try deleting my account entirely, but I don't know how that will affect access to the beta or my ability to sign up again with the same e-mail address, or what happens to my free trial.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey @masto,

I'm sorry to hear you've run into issues during the migration process. Since this sounds like an issue with iOS instead of 1Password for Chrome, I've opened a standard support request. You should have an email from myself that should have all the steps you need to take, and we can continue the conversation there.

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.