1Password Families Trial?

baforman
baforman
Community Member

Hello,
I currently have a 1password individual subscription for myself, but recently my family has wanted to join onto 1password, but I am not sure whether or not they actually want 1password. Is it possible to get them onto a trial version of 1password families before they sign onto a subscription, even though I already have my individual account?

Side question: Will each family member need to pay for the individual account, or do I pay for the family rate and everyone gets their own account?

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: 4.6.10.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Is it possible to get them onto a trial version of 1password families before they sign onto a subscription, even though I already have my individual account?

@baforman: No, but if it turns out they don't like it, you can remove them from the plan at any time, and the charge will be prorated; you'll get a credit if you overpaid as a result of adding family members that didn't stick around. And if you end up using 1Password alone again, you can change back to an individual plan — and similarly get a prorated credit for the difference.

Side question: Will each family member need to pay for the individual account, or do I pay for the family rate and everyone gets their own account?

No, the entire plan is billed through the family Organizer — in this case, you. Each family member you invite is a part of the same plan you setup. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.