To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

what happens if agilebits server are destroyed ? is there a local copy of my datas ?

Options
pixelmix
pixelmix
Community Member

what happens if agilebits server are destroyed ? is there a local copy of my datas ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Yes.

And, as the AgileBits servers are, I think, hosted on Amazon Web Services in a redundant fashion, if the server were destroyed or went down for a long time, the internet would be in a very bad state and you might not be able to communicate with anything.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@danco: Good point!

@pixelmix: However, I did want to clarify that your 1Password data is still available locally on your device, where you can access it and export it — whether the internet implodes, or you're stuck in the wilderness with no internet. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• mikebore
    mikebore
    Community Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

But note that Documents in 1P are NOT stored locally by 1P. So you need to back them up separately.

Any attachments you had before converting to an Account were converted to Documents, so fall in this category.

See brenty's first post on July 7th in this thread for confirmation and discussion:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/76757/request-suggestions-for-managing-documents#latest

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mikebore: Good point! I keep my Documents downloaded on my Mac, but not on the iPhone since it's much easier to work with and export data on a computer. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.