Finding passwords in multiple vaults

broken42
broken42
Community Member

I'm experimenting with Families on a trial basis, after having used the standalone app for many years. I've currently set up 5 vaults across 3 people - private per person, a shared for all, and another shared for just my wife and I. But, I now find using 1P is more painful as the browser extensions, 1P mini, and the app only look at one vault at a time. As I browse around I need to remember which vault the password I need is in, and then set that in extension or mini or app, and only THEN can I get on with my day. Those additional steps are really annoying.

Is there a way for 1P to search for passwords across all vaults to which I have permission? If not, sounds like I need to duplicate passwords in the various vaults as opposed to sharing a unique entry (which is how we do things now with independent vaults) which kinda defeats the purpose and causes all kinds of obvious problems with keeping everything synced.

Thanks,

Ken

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: 4.6.9
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Subscription

Comments

• broken42
    broken42
    Community Member

OK - I have figured this out. The problem is eyesight - not 1P :) I did have all vaults selected but DID NOT see the greyed out "show x more items" text after the items that were displayed. It so happened that what I was searching for in my testing was always in this extended set as I am so used to only typing the first few characters to find things.

Apologies for the wasted bandwidth.

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni

Hi @broken42! Thanks for sharing your question and self-found solution with us - glad to hear you got things sorted out! :chuffed:

For others looking at this question in the future, the "All Vaults" view is the way to do this; it's a "virtual" vault that combines the contents of other vaults, and is a quick and handy way to work with multiple vaults at the same time. You can learn more about it here: https://support.1password.com/all-vaults/

This discussion has been closed.