FileProvider sync option for iOS 11

adrummond7
adrummond7
Community Member

Are you guys considering implementing the FileProvider API in iOS 11 to allow syncing of standalone vaults outside of the limited set of sync options currently available? With the recent announcement of support for standalone vaults in 1Password 7 for Windows, it would be nice to improve the flexibility of sync providers on other platforms, such as iOS. Rather than officially integrating other sync services SDKs, I expect the FileProvider API of iOS 11 would unify the ability to choose from multiple services to sync a vault with. As a user of other sync services aside from Dropbox and iCloud, this would greatly improve the experience on iOS for people still using standalone vaults. I realize integrating a number of SDKs is great amount of effort and is not realistic, but the FileProvider API opens the door for other sync services through a single interface.

What do you guys think?

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: iOS 11.0
Sync Type: Other

Comments

• Hi @adrummond7,

I'm not aware of any plans to do this but it is feedback that I'd be happy to pass along to our development team for their consideration for the future. Thanks! :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.