To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Added not merged!

Options
sjh0006
sjh0006
Community Member

So, on the 28th of Feb I upgraded 1Password (I really love this program!) to the family plan. And apparently I got this all screwed up. Where to start?

My "old", but still actively used account. When I access this account it shows TWO sets (mostly identical except for recent updates of passwords) of passwords: 1. personal; 2. private. I was under the assumption that when the new file (.1password.com) was created, the old would be merged into the new and the old deleted. However, mine did't merge, it ADDED. I now have twice the number of passwords and am unsure as to how to resolve this issue.

Additionally, when I double click on the app on my computer it automatically open into the old file, even after logging out.

Is there a way to create one up-to-date file using sign-in address and eliminate my old file. I assume that I will need to delete 1password from my computer and reinstall and log into 1password.com, enter my Account key, and password in order for it to not auto load the old file.

I am using the latest version 6.8

Steve Holtz

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: latest
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @sjh0006

Thanks for taking the time to write in. v6.8.1 is actually the latest version of 1Password for Mac now, so please check for updates. :) If you open 1Password > Preferences > All Vaults and uncheck the Primary vault, do you still see duplicates in the app? If not it seems we can resolve this by simply removing the old Primary vault. If you do, then we'll need to do further troubleshooting.

Please let us know. Thanks.

Ben

• sjh0006
    sjh0006
    Community Member
    Options

I got it. Do I need to have shared checked? Does shared mean with other devices on same account? Sorry.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @sjh006 - Great question! You can leave the Shared vault unchecked. It's mainly your Primary and Private vault we want to confirm. The Shared vault is to share 1Password data with additional family members. When you move or copy an item over to the Shared vault, everyone in the family will have access to this data. Keep us posted and we'll be here if you need us. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.