To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Big Trouble Trying to Move 1P to my New iMac

joeholmes
joeholmes
Community Member

I set up my new computer, but when I try to log into my 1Password account, I get a 1Password for Teams page, asking for a Secret Key (I tried teams but it wasn't for me).

Also, I downloaded a trial 1Password, but couldn't find any place to enter a License key.

Frustrated!

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni

Hi @joeholmes! I'll be happy to help you out! :chuffed:

It sounds like you might have a standalone licence for 1Password, as opposed to being a subscription account customer. Although a subscription account is the easiest way to get set up with a new device (it just requires signing into your account inside the app), you can indeed get your 1Password data across to a new computer or device if you're a standalone licence customer. You'll want to use one of the Syncing options we offer for standalone licence customers to do it - you can find more information in our guide here: https://support.1password.com/new-device/

Since 1Password 4 for Mac, we also no longer use licence keys for the app, and instead use licence files; if you have a licence for 1Password 4, 5 or 6 for Mac purchased from our web store, you should find a link to download your licence file in the receipt email you received when you purchased the app.

I hope that helps! :+1:

• joeholmes
    joeholmes
    Community Member

Thanks, John! I do indeed have the standalone license...

• Hi @joeholmes,

In that case you'll want to either select the sync method you were using on your other device (i.e. Dropbox or iCloud) and you can get started that way. You can also use the "More options" button at the bottom to get started in other ways (like via backups or starting fresh).

Rick

• joeholmes
    joeholmes
    Community Member

I found the license in an old email as you suggested. All is running well now!

Thanks again.

• Perfect! Let us know if you have any more questions. We're here to help.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.