Went to log in, wanted to do update. Update couldn't finish, now I can't get into 1Password at all

Went to log in, 1PW wanted to do an update. Update couldn't finish, now I can't get into 1Password at all. Need help ASAP.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can't get into 1password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@RNNSales: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you receiving some sort of error message when you try to update? Have you tried installing the latest version directly from our website? Thanks in advance! :)

• RNNSales
    RNNSales
    Community Member

@Brenty-Thanks for getting back to me. As mentioned the other day, I went to log in to 1Password. Once I hit enter after putting in the password, it wanted to do an update. So like previous times, I started the up date. A couple minutes had passed, and it said that it couldn't do the update and gave me the option to "abort" or "try again". So I hit abort as I had other things to do and didn't have the time to carry on. So I then went to sign in again through the shortcut on the toolbar, and it told me that things had been moved, changed or no longer existed. I'm running Windows 8.1. 1Password version is 4.6.2.624 Version 4. I really need to get into this asap. Hoping you can help. I was going to try and install the latest version but unknown if all my info would show up.

• MikeT
    edited August 2017

Hi @RNNSales,

What anti-malware solution are you using? This tend to happen more often with McAfee and MalwareBytes products.

Unfortunately, the installer is not supposed to show the abort option as it is not supported but we're trying to figure out how to remove that option.

For now, go to your Control Panel to uninstall 1Password and download the latest 1Password 4 from here (do not install yet): https://agilebits.com/downloads

After that, restart your computer and then install 1Password 4, it should install properly.

• RNNSales
    RNNSales
    Community Member

@MikeT
    Thank you so very much Mike. That worked! Have a great day! :)

• You're welcome, I'm glad it was able to help.

This discussion has been closed.