To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Secret key

BruceRichmond
BruceRichmond
Community Member

I can't find my secret key. I have an account key with 31 characters on my laptop, not 34.
I need someone to walk me through this by phone as my laptop and iPhone are both telling me to sign in even though I think I'm already signed in (and can access my passwords). I can not find the way to access the following "Instructions for Mac:"
Open and unlock 1Password. (I think I did)
Choose 1Password > Preferences. (I found Preferences on the laptop)
Click the Accounts icon, then select your account. (Can not find an Accounts icon)
Click your Secret Key to copy it. (Can not find an Accounts icon to get to this)
Or click Set Up Other Devices to see your Setup Code. (Unable to find "Set Up Other Devices")

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: not showing on Safari
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: none
Referrer: forum-search:I can't find my secret key. I have an account key with 31 characters on my laptop, not 34

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@BruceRichmond: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account you can sync your data from another device or create a new vault. So you won't have or need a Secret Key in that case.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. Otherwise you can continue using 1Password as you have been, without an account.

I see you've also emailed us separately, so I'll follow there as well in case there's anything else I can help with. :)

ref: BZG-11413-953

This discussion has been closed.