Returning to a Record After Clicking on Imported Attachment

Oxon
Oxon
Community Member

I have some login and bank account records that include an imported (PDF) attachment. Clicking on the attachment takes me to the Documents section to view the PDF. Is there a way of returning to the original record without having to go back manually via the Categories menu and finding the record again?

1Password Version: 6.8.1 (681005)
Extension Version: 4.6.9
OS Version: OS 10.12.6
Sync Type: Account

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Oxon,

1Password doesn't retain the last item you were looking at so there's not a way to go back as you might see in a web browser.

When using a 1Password.com account, Document Items are a completely separate 1Password item which can be handy if you want multiple 1Password items to link to them. One thing we don't do, but we've talked about and would be helpful in this case is bi-directional linking. That would allow you to quickly click the item you came from as it would be listed under "Related Items". You could manually specify a Related Item by editing your Document Item and clicking the "Link Existing" button, but this only seems helpful if you're switching between your PDF and the original item often.

Let me know if that answers your question; I'm happy to provide additional information if needed.

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• Oxon
    Oxon
    Community Member

Yes, that answers my question. I would welcome the facility of bi directional linking as I always think it's a bit annoying to have to find the original record again (and somewhat messy).

Thanks

Ken

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@Oxon: Thanks for letting us know you'd find bi-directional linking. This is something I hope we can bring to 1Password soon as well!

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.