Whoa - a 1Password extension in Edge? [1Password 6.7 is required]

stevewoo
stevewoo
Community Member
edited August 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I fired up Edge (by mistake) and was astounded to be asked if I wanted to activate my new 1Password extension (4.6.11.2)! I did, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Says it was installed today. My version of 1Password is 4.6.2.625. Do I have to upgrade my version/model of 1Password to get this thing to work? My version of Windows is Windows 10 Pro, 1703, build 15063.540.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.625
Extension Version: 4.6.11.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:edge browser

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017

@stevewoo: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion there! As you may have heard, we've been working on support for Edge in 1Password 6. We're laying the groundwork by testing deployment. We don't have anything to announce at this time, but when it's ready I'm sure we'll have more to share and it will work with a 1Password.com account. Cheers! :)

• Hi @stevewoo,

Thanks for posting this. At the moment, 1Password extension for Microsoft Edge is an open beta build that requires 1Password 6.7 for Windows at the very least.

What happened is that you had the old Windows Store (UWP) build of 1Password 6 installed via Windows Store and it was just replaced with a new update designed for Microsoft Edge.

If you'd like to try 1Password in Edge, you would need to use 1Password 6 now or wait for 1Password 7 that is coming in the near future with full local vault support if you do not want to use 1Password memberships.

To remove 1Password extension for Edge as you cannot use it with 1Password 4, you can uninstall the 1Password app from Windows Store. Open Start and search for 1Password, you should see the two entries, one for 1Password 4 and one that just says 1Password, right click on the latter to uninstall it and it will not show up in Edge.

• ejg930
    ejg930
    Community Member

Super happy to see this come in!

The sticky announcement thread mentions a place to leave feedback, but there's no link to said thread and the sticky thread itself is closed, so my immediate feedback (not listed in known issues) is that CTRL+\ doesn't work, which is super important to me.

That said, congrats on a beta release! I know this has been a long time coming and your support of Edge has been the only thing blocking me from using it as my daily browser.

• Hi @ejg930,

Thanks for writing in, I believe you're the first to offer feedback on Microsoft Edge.

Good catch on the shortcut issue, I've updated the known limitations for Edge support; it does not yet have a feasible way for us to offer support for Control + \. We're still investigating for a workaround.

If you just want to open a site, you should still be able to bring up Control + Alt + \ to select the Login item you want to open.

This discussion has been closed.