One device with multiple users.

Erik_aegis
Erik_aegis
Community Member
edited November 2016 in Business and Teams

We have a conference room computer, where we would like to have multiple users access one device. We have 1password for teams. I have only been able to assign one user to the device, but would like for each employee to be able to login without having to reset the master key and login information. Is this possible?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Erik_aegis! Good question. Right now, it's not possible to do this with the 1Password app on that computer unless you have different user accounts on the device itself. You can sign in to different accounts from the web interface, though, and use Google Chrome's profiles to manage things. That way the Account Keys for each account will be saved in the profile and each person only needs their Master Password to sign in. Learn more about using profiles in Google Chrome. We'd like to implement something similar in the apps at some point, but it's a bit down the road. Hope that helps!

• Erik_aegis
    Erik_aegis
    Community Member

Good to know! Thanks for the quick response!

• No problem at all. Happy to help. :+1:

• Brent_C
    Brent_C
    Community Member

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I've got the same situation here and was looking at Chrome profiles to solve the problem. Will the 1Password browser extension still work without the app installed on the computer? This will be a Teams account if that makes a difference.

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Brent_C! Welcome to our forums :chuffed:

Our browser extension still requires the app to be installed; the extension acts as a go-between for the browser and the main 1Password app, and on its own is not able do anything.

With a 1Password Teams account, your members will have web access to their data - so you can always use that if you're in a situation where you can't have multiple user accounts on the device itself. The web interface doesn't work with the extension, but your team members would at least be able to copy and paste the details they require from the web interface.

I hope that helps! :+1:

• Brent_C
    Brent_C
    Community Member

Thanks @john_m. I had a hunch that was the case but wanted to make sure.

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni

No problem, @Brent_C! If there's anything else we can do for you, just let us know! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.