I don't have a secret key

Hello,

I'm very glad to join the beta program.

But I don't know how to start.
Currently I use 2 versions of 1password : iOS app and 1password 4 on a windows 7 PC @ work. My vault is on my Dropbox account.
My home computer is a Ubuntu?

I only have a licence for 1pass4 on windows and no secret key, what should I do ?

Thanks !

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AventuraViper
    AventuraViper
    Community Member

Unfortunately, the chrome OS/linux extension requires a 1password account (subscription) in order to function. You could migrate to a 1password account but it will mean moving to a subscription rather than standalone license.

• Malbak
    Malbak
    Community Member

Ok I see. Thank you for your help !

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Malbak: Just to clarify, while the new ChromeOS/Linux extension needs a 1Password.com account so it has something to connect to to access your 1Password data (the other 1Password extensions talk to the native apps), you can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits:

https://support.1password.com/why-account/

That way you can test drive it and test the beta. And you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership long-term as well, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.