deja vu - struggling with setting up a few sites

Options

been using 1P for a few years... now remembering the challenge in getting everything going initially... decided to edit & update so that 1P could begin opening every site for me again... for the most part, it has gone fairly smoothly, but...

1. trying to set up citi.com for opening my costco card with citi. i see 1P doing everything it should, and then an extra step it shouldn't???? enters user ID, then password, then wipes out user ID & sits???? can't figure out what to do??? i tried saving new login thru settings????

2. airbnb - i cannot get 1P to recognize airbnb now that I am updating... the login is a pop up that retains my email. i thought the retention might be the problem, so i cleared cache, entered my email, entered my pw, went to 1P setting to save new login, saved, logged in... & no airbnb recognized in 1P????

thanks for your help!!!

paul

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• yrlsnut
    yrlsnut
    Community Member
    Options

1P version: 4.6.2.625 & using windows & chrome

1. oh, & then there is yahoo... every once in awhile i need to go find an old email correspondence in yahoo mail... 1P doesn't seem to have a clue how to open yahoo.mail. when trying to login w/ 1P, yahoo comes back with a pop up saying session timed out. my only option is to 'start over.' hitting start over brings up a new window with my sign in name in the field, and a 'sign in' button to hit... after hitting 'sign in' i go to a new screen waiting for my password to be entered, but it is blank... after the pw is entered, i need to hit 'sign in' and i get to yahoo.com

thanks again

• Hey @yrisnut!

trying to set up citi.com for opening my costco card with citi.

Citi is known to be problematic and we've gotten in a few fights with filling there over the years. Generally, if you save your login item from https://accountonline.citi.com/cards/svc/LoginGet.do and log in from that page as well, filling will work for Citi. At least for now. They do like to screw with us a bit.

airbnb - i cannot get 1P to recognize airbnb now that I am updating

Airbnb fills fine for me using the same setup. It sounds like you've already tried manually re-saving this login, but I'm a bit unclear on the exact issue you're encountering. You mention Airbnb isn't recognized -- is 1Password not suggesting your Airbnb login item when you're on the site or is not filling properly? Some additional detail may help me guide you in the right direction.

oh, & then there is yahoo

Yahoo looks to be a bit fussy. If you use this page as your URL for yahoo, go and fill will enter your username, but you'll have to manually click Next. On the second page, you can tell 1Password to fill and it will both fill the password and submit for you. Previously, when saving this login automatically, I ended up with the same issue as you having to click "start over." Changing the URL corrected this for me and made things work a bit better. I'll pass this along to our extension team and see if there's anything we can do to make this better. :+1:

Thanks for the feedback! Let us know how you get on with Citi and Airbnb. :chuffed:

• yrlsnut
    yrlsnut
    Community Member
    Options

thanks bundtkate!

i'll try citi with where you directed me.

airbnb is no where to be found in 1P... in editing these logins, i found that deleting them from 1P, and then deleting 1P trash seemed to work best to just have 1P think it was the first time visiting all these sites. the 1P popup would generally appear for me to save the login procedure. For those that did not provide a 1P password, I would try manually.

airbnb did not provide the pop up, so I tried manually. no 'airbnb' to be found anywhere in my 1P login data... like I stated, I thought maybe airbnb's pop up retaining my email (user name) was the problem, so I cleared my cache and after entering my email & pw, I hoped to see the 1P pop up... no such luck... cleared cache again & tried again manually... after hitting 'settings' & 'save new login' no 1P pop up appeared... airbnb is no where to be found in the 1P log.

thanks again!!!

• yrlsnut
    yrlsnut
    Community Member
    Options

citi works!!

• @yrlsnut: I'm glad to hear that trick still works with Citi! We've been through so much with them, I feel like I'm always waiting for the shoe to drop and everything to break all over again. Good thing today is not that day. :wink:

As for Airbnb, I created that login manually in the main app since I had to pull my info from 1Password 6 and can't fill it (because I don't remember it) with 1Password 4 taking over the extension, so perhaps that can help you out here. Here's what I did:

1. Unlock 1Password, click New Item, and select Login.
    2. Ignore 1Password's admonishments that we should create this login using the extension because we're rebels.
    3. Enter your username and password in the proper fields (overwriting the dots currently in the password field) and copy and paste Airbnb's homepage URL into the URL field.
    4. Click Ok and give it a try.

Go and fill won't work seamlessly since 1Password can't navigate to that login window and it doesn't have its own URL, but it does fill properly once you bring up the login window. Give it a try and let me know how you get on. :chuffed:

• yrlsnut
    yrlsnut
    Community Member
    Options

hmmmm.... at least it is now recognized in 1P.... I can do what I've been doing for a while now until today's 1P edits to get 1P working again like it should... ie: go into 1P & copy & paste the pw from 1P & go to the site & paste...

believe me, i'm not on airbnb daily, or even monthly, so no big deal; but... your 1-4 steps did not work to have 1P autofill & bring up the site w/ me logged in...

same with yahoo... I have the pw saved & can copy & paste for the 2-times/year I need to dig up some old yahoo mail reference

citi worked, & i do go on that site at least 1*/month, so that makes me happy

thank you so much!!

• I'm glad it's the most important one we were able to completely sort out, @yrlsnut! I'll count that as at least a partial win. :+1:

To be completely clear with Airbnb, 1Password won't bring up the site with you logged in (go and fill) since the log in link is buried in a menu and doesn't have its own URL. That said, if you manually bring up that login window on Airbnb, you can then click the extension icon and select your Airbnb login to fill it or use your keyboard shortcut to fill. Not perfect, but at least better than copy and paste if you're able to get it working as I did. If you're happy, I'm happy, but since I know there's a better way, I'm happy to keep trying until we can get it up and running.

Yahoo, on the other hand, is pretty awful and I'm not entirely convinced what I managed to cobble together is much better than copy and paste, so I'll let you have that one. Like you, I rarely use my yahoo e-mail and was actually pretty surprised I remembered my password. :wink:

Either way, you're most welcome and if we can do anything else to help, just let us know. :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Like you, I rarely use my yahoo e-mail and was actually pretty surprised I remembered my password. :wink:

@bundtkate: There's an app for that! :tongue:

Seriously though, get rid of the Yahoo account. :ohnoes:

This discussion has been closed.