Options
mirv
mirv
Community Member
edited August 2017 in iOS

[Apologies if this has been submitted/discussed before.]

Is this bug reproducible?

yes

Which devices did this bug appear on and is it reproducible on any devices and/or computers?

Reproducible on iPhone 7, iPad Pro 9.7 both running iOS 11 beta 8, with MobileSafari.

It does fill correctly on macOS Safari and 1Password extension.

A quick summary of the bug:
Using 1P 6.8.1 (testflight installed) with iOS 11 beta 8 on an iphone 7, the 1Password extension does not fill the apple id and password at https://bugreport.apple.com.

Detailed, step-by-step list on how to reproduce it:
1. Go to bugreport.apple.com
2. Use share sheet to open 1Password extension.
3. Tap the correct login.

Versions of 1Password you're using on the devices and computers involved

iOS 11 beta 8

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11 beta 8
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@mirv,

Thanks for the post, but unfortunately bugreporter.apple.com uses iframes and as a result we are unable to fill in that scenario.

Rudy

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, thanks for the explanation anyway.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sure thing! I'm not holding my breath, but it's at least possible that Apple will make it possible to fill iframes in Safari in the future — or update their site to not use them (it still surprises me that it does). Until then, copy and paste works at least. Cheers! :)

• mirv
    mirv
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I was thinking of submitting a bug report to the Apple dev support folks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mirv: I'm fairly certain that this is intentional. It's really hard even on the desktop for most users to recognize if a form on a page is being loaded from an external site, which could be malicious. And on mobile devices it's nearly impossible to determine this. So unless Apple comes up with a creative solution, filling into iframes really is a security risk.

This discussion has been closed.