Keyboard shortcut for auto fill

DFilipeS
DFilipeS
Community Member

I've been testing the extension for a few hours and overall it is working really well so far, congratulations!

Right now, you have a keyboard shortcut for opening the extension window. In the future, there will be also a keyboard shortcut for autofilling passwords in the page without opening the extension window (like what happens with the old browser extensions)?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 0.8.4
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@DFilipeS,

Welcome to the 1Password for Chrome beta! We are still in the early stages, so I think you'll be even more impressed with some of the future releases.

Right now, you have a keyboard shortcut for opening the extension window. In the future, there will be also a keyboard shortcut for autofilling passwords in the page without opening the extension window (like what happens with the old browser extensions)?

I can't go into a lot of details on some of our future ideas because they change quite often. We don't want to promise anything that might change or not be delivered. I will say that we have a revolutionary idea when it comes to filling items using 1Password and I think you'll really like it.

Thanks for dropping in and I'm glad to hear everything is working well so far. I hope you have a pleasant weekend. :)

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• 2629467a
    2629467a
    Community Member

Concerning the same topic: I have troubles making the mentioned Keyboard shortcut work. My chromebook has a german keyboard and when I go to chrome://extensions/configureCommands I could change the used shortcut, but I cannot use any keys exept for regular letters. All special characters like punctuatoin, #, +, ?, ä, ü, ö and so on will not work for me. (This is really annoying for me as I really would like to use to neighboured or close together lying keys on the right hand side for practical reasons. But all keys close to control and alt are special characters ~.~) I guess this is an issue with chromeOS that you can do nothing about, but as you are thinking about another resolution anyway I thought I'd throw this in as something you might keep in mind. Having a reliable way for users to define their own shortcut on their specific keyboards would be nice.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey @2629467a,

Thanks for stopping by and providing this feedback! Unfortunately, the limation on keyboard shortcuts is imposed by the Google Chome APIs.

Currently, the supported keys are as follows:
    A-Z, 0-9, Comma, Period, Home, End, PageUp, PageDown, Space, Insert, Delete, Arrow keys (Up, Down, Left, Right) and the Media Keys (MediaNextTrack, MediaPlayPause, MediaPrevTrack, MediaStop).

Note: All key combinations must include either Ctrl* or Alt. Combinations that involve Ctrl+Alt are not permitted in order to avoid conflicts with the AltGr key. Shift can be used in addition to Alt or Ctrl, but is not required. Modifiers (such as Ctrl) can not be used in combination with the Media Keys. Tab key was removed from list of supported keys in Chrome version 33 and above for accessibility reasons.

I'm fairly surprised they don't allow more special characters, but that's their decision, not ours. We will do everything we can to improve this as we go along, including filing an issue with Google to see if we can help push along a change on their end. Here in North America, we'd love to have our `Ctrl + `` that we've been using for years.

Thanks again for letting us know this is something you'd like to see improved and have a great weekend.

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• 2629467a
    2629467a
    Community Member

I actually even have issues with comma and period in my keyboard layout, but yes, in the end I too would like to be able to use ctrl + on my chromebook aswell. Looking forward to further development!

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Is comma and period not working at all or are you saying they aren’t positioned in an ideal location?

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.