Order of the Logins in the Extension

Options
nerolapis
nerolapis
Community Member

The order of the Login items in the Extension is not what I would expect it to be. I would expect the Login items to be ordered by: alphabetically OR favorites first OR most used first OR alphabetically and favorites first together.

As you can see from the following screenshots they are ordered "randomly" (maybe some date?).

Collapsed version:

"Show 4 more items" version

Is there any way to force the order of the list? I would love to have the favorites or the most used on top :chuffed:

Thank you and have an awesome day!

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: 4.6.9
OS Version: macOS 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @nerolapis - That's an excellent question! The actual sort is made not by any of those methods you mentioned, but by a hash of both the full and root subdomains. It can also be affected by whether you have the preference box Allow filling on pages that closely matches saved website checked in Preferences > Browsers, but it's also affected by favorites status. There is no direct way to alter the order of login items in the mini, but if you have a particular login that you'd like to have higher in the order, try favoriting it and see if that does the trick.

• nerolapis
    nerolapis
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Lars,

eh, I hoped so, but as you can see from the screenshots the favorited one (the one with the star, beginning with the "k" before the noise) is the second one and it is always hidden when I visit that particular page (I have to select the "show more" option).

May I ask you, as a feature request, to always prioritize the favorite items? I would love as well to have the first item chosen depending on the number of times I've used it, but I understand that in the most of the cases it would be overkill because most of the users have only one login per site.

Thank you!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @nerolapis - not only may you, you just did! :) I've added your vote to the people who'd like to see this feature. Like everything else here, it's a matter of a combination of a few factors: community interest, relative priority compared with other issues, developer hours in the week, etc. I'd describe this one overall as in the "someday" column right now, though that can change based on a lot of factors. Thanks again for suggesting it and keep an eye on the updates!

This discussion has been closed.