1Password: safari browser extension has become reluctant to fill fields

I've been using the 1Password browser extension for ages without any problems.
For the last month or two however, it's become reluctant to fill in fields. When I click the 1Password icon, all the drop-down boxes display fine, but when I select a credit card or an identity, I only get the pop-up window with the details of the item - I don't know what its official name is, but the window that allows anchoring and editing. Form-fields don't get filled.
If I keep repeating the process, the info will finally fill the fields I'm trying to complete, but I often have to try 10 times before it works.
I've tried re-installing extension and restarting the browser. That initially seemed to help with credit card info, but not identities or bank account info, but it now problematic for all areas again.

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: 4.6.9
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:safari

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dowsmith: Hmm. I'm not sure what the name is either, but I know what you're talking about. Thank you! I'm sorry for the trouble you're having there. Is it specific sites you're having trouble with? If so, the URLs would really help, so we can test and try to figure out what the problem is. If you're having this probable everywhere though, that's really strange, as I've never heard of having to try so many times. It generally either works or it doesn't. Are you only having this problem with Credit Card and Identity filling, or Logins as well? The only thing that I can think of is we had an issue with 1Password mini menus getting "stuck" (for lack of a better term) in 6.8. Please update to 6.8.1 and let me know if that makes a difference.

• dowsmith
    dowsmith
    Community Member

Hi Brenty, I think problem has been cured by updating to 6.8.1.

The issue didn't seem related to any particular URL - it applied to any web-based info. I seldom use 1Password logins, so can't comment on that element. Having to try repeatedly was something new: as you note, in the past the filling of fields either worked or it didn't.

Thank you for the advice

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

That's good to hear, but I'm always a little concerned when problems mysteriously go away that they might mysteriously recur. I'm glad things are working well for you now, but you know where to find us if you have any other issues. We're always here to help.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

This discussion has been closed.