I've setup 1Password for Families. I'd like to setup 1Password for Teams for my coworkers.

Is it possible to run both services/vaults at the same time on the same devices? I'd like to access both on my iPhone and on my MacBook.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I've setup 1Password for Families. I'd like to setup 1Password for Teams for my coworkers.

Comments

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni

Hi @agilebitsmikej! Welcome to the forums! :chuffed:

Yes indeed! Our apps allow you to sign into multiple accounts at the same time; the vaults from each account membership just become available along-side each other in the apps, so working with multiple accounts is just like working with one. You can find our guide for adding additional accounts into a copy of the app that's already been set up here: https://support.1password.com/add-device/

I hope that helps! :+1:

• convint
    convint
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

Hi. Similar situation. I have someone using 1Password for Families- with four family members all using Mac. They wish to share a separate vault with one or two PC computers at their office. So, does this situation require that the Family "administrator" set up 1Password Teams for two members? If the office environment uses just one email address or 1Password account, can both office PCs be accommodated under a single team member subscription? For an existing 1Password Family user, how do we begin to set up 1Password Team service? Go to this page https://1password.com/teams/ and click "Try for Free"? Or other? Within 1Password for Teams, I presume that a shared vault between 1Password for Windows and 1Password for Mac users will sync and work flawlessly? Thanks.

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni

Hi @covint!

The answer depends a little bit on how the Families account is set up, and your preferences in terms of data segregation, etc.. In a Families account, you essentially have two "levels" of account member - Family Members and Family Organizers. Family Organizers are essentially account owners, and have management rights over all custom-created vaults in an account. If there are more Family Organizers on the account than should have access to the separate work-related vault, then the potential exists that a Family Organizer that shouldn't have access to that vault could grant themselves access to it.

For this reason, many folks prefer to keep separate accounts for personal and work related reasons. Not only does this help with providing logical separation of vaults in each context, but a Teams account provides additional features in terms of access management, which can become very valuable as a business grows.

As I mentioned previously, our apps allow multiple accounts to be added, and the vaults from each account then appear within the app. So you could register a Teams account (as you say, by visiting the Teams page on our site and then clicking "Try for FREE"), and then once that account is registered, add it to your app along side the existing Families account as per this guide: https://support.1password.com/add-device/

Let me know if you have any other questions! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.