Can I share links to 1Password entries to places like my Slack team?

Options

Quite often I get asked by colleagues if I know the login or password to something (let's call this one Dan), a lot of the time (most) these are already in our 1Password team and Dan already has access to them. Instead of just telling him to search for "XYZ" in 1Password I would like to to grab a link to send to him that would open up in his desktop app or in the 1Password web site. This is also useful for sharing password entries into group chats as reminders etc..

To be clear I don't want to share the password in the clear, just send a link that will open the existing entry if they already has permission for it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:slack

Comments

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @davidmaitland! Welcome to the forum! :chuffed:

Yes, you can do this via the web interface for our accounts (not in the apps currently). The person you're sending the link to will also need permissions to access the vault in question, but assuming they have those permissions:

1. Open your web browser and sign into your account
    2. Navigate to the vault and item you want to share a link to
    3. Copy the URL/link from your browser's address bar - this URL points to the vault and item that you're currently looking at, so you can just send that URL to any member of your account with access to that vault. When they open it, they'll get the login page for the account, and once they've logged in, they'll be taken directly to that vault and item

I hope that helps! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.