Option to fill in login never appears

When I navigate to a page and press on the 1password extension, I see the correct site listed but then it never shows an option to actually fill in the credentials. I only see an option to fill in my address.

1Password Version: 0.8.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Chrome
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

Hey @timsale,

Welcome to the beta! What you have currently is an Identity Item that can be filled, not a Login item. If you navigate to another webpage, you'll see that same Identity Item to allow people to use them across multiple websites.

Do you have a Login item created with a website field of capitalone.com? If the website field doesn't match the domain you're on, you won't see it as an item in the list shown in your screenshot. This should be an easy fix, just edit or create a Login item and ensure it has a website field for capital.com.

Let me know if that works for you.

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• timsale
    timsale
    Community Member

You're right. For some reason only some of my login items came in on import. I think that having capitalone.com in the top left corner through me off. I thought it meant that it was in the db but not showing the option to fill. I realise it's not there at all. Thanks

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

No worries, It's good for us to see what is slightly confusing for people! Our plan is to show users a message when there wasn't any Login items found for the website they are on.

Currently, we display the URL of the page that you are on to hopefully provide more context for where we are going to attempt to fill 1Password items.

We are still refining our user experience (UX), so the more feedback the better! :)

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.