Apple Watch Crashes [known bug - fixed in 1Password for iOS 6.8.2]

johnfugh
johnfugh
Community Member
edited September 2017 in Apple Watch

Just started using 1password with Apple Watch. Logins are transferring fine to the watch, but when I open one with a One Time Password for 2 - factor - authentication, the app on the watch crashes. Every other login opens as expected. Only the ones that have a OTP crashes the app. Please help troubleshoot.

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.8.1 (681005) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@johnfugh: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! That's pretty odd. Are you able to view the same login on your iPhone? Though it's possible there was a problem transferring the data to the watch, I wonder if that item is simply damaged.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

@johnfugh: Please disregard my last comment. We've found that a bug was introduced in the 6.8.1 update when we made an improvement to how 1Password handles a specifically formatted type of TOTP secret, and it looks like we didn't account for that in the watch app. We've got a fix for this and we'll get it out as soon as we're able to. I apologize for the trouble there. :(

ref: OPI-4157

• johnfugh
    johnfugh
    Community Member

Thank you. Looking forward to an update.

• jwpercival
    jwpercival
    Community Member

Hi, is there an update on this? The recent update to the app have broken my Apple Watch. The app crashes each time I tap on one of my OTP.

• prime
    prime
    Community Member

I updated the app on my iPhone to 6.8.1 and now the app crashes on my iPhone. I did restart the phone and still does it.

• jonwhite
    jonwhite
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

Another great update from AgileBits. I wait for the .1 update because it's seldom right the first time, but it looks like they've done it again. This sort of thing (see also the reappearance of "iCloud session expired") is making me lose faith in the product, and the cheerful release notes don't do much to encourage me :(

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

@jonwhite I think the iCloud session expired is a Apple issue.

Thanks Agilebits for acknowledging this :)

• jonwhite
    jonwhite
    Community Member

@prime maybe, but this has surfaced a few times in 1Password and not in anything else I use that syncs data with iCloud, e.g. Due.

• jonwhite
    jonwhite
    Community Member

@prime
    Thanks, I'll take a look :)

• The AppleWatch issue should be resolved as of 6.8.2.

Rudy

• nhr
    nhr
    Community Member

Can confirm - I got 6.8.2 through the App Store and TOTP on the Apple Watch (watchOS 3.2.3) is working again. Thanks for the fix!

• Thanks for the update @nhr! :)

Ben

• ian1flint
    ian1flint
    Community Member

I got a new watch series 3 and logins are not transferring to watch.
    Apple watch enabled in iphone app and logins set to add to apple watch.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ian1flint: Is it only logins? Are you able to view/add other items to 1Password on the watch? Definitely let us know something about your setup: OS, 1Password, and device versions.

This discussion has been closed.