Not Prompting to Add New Logins

Comments

• tallbubba
    tallbubba
    Community Member

How does one go about adding a new login using the app/extension? I have to go to the 1password website to do it. Also not getting prompts to add the new logins.

1Password Version: 0.8.5
    Extension Version: 0.8.5
    OS Version: Version 60.0.3112.112 (Official Build) (32-bit)
    Sync Type: 1password cloud

• chriscummings_ak
    chriscummings_ak
    Community Member

I am seeing the same thing as well with 0.8.5

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tallbubba and @chriscummings_ak!

We haven't implemented the feature in the 1Password extension for Linux yet, sorry! While I don't have any time estimate to share with you just yet, I wanted to let you know that the feature is definitely on our radar, as we understand how important this is.

In the meantime, you can add items by signing into your 1Password.com account via a browser. This new item will be immediately available inside the extension afterwards.

Let me know if you have any questions!

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Sorry, if you received some funky notifications on this thread. I attempted to do something fancy which backfired on me.

Daniel nailed the answer though! We also just added a support guide a couple weeks ago, that walks you though creating and editing items on 1Password.com:

View and edit your items on 1Password.com

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• tallbubba
    tallbubba
    Community Member

Thanks,

Doing it on the website is pretty simple, just a few more steps. Just missing out on the prompting when creating new ones.

Ben

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

I can completely relate and agree with you. This is why I fought to keep this particular beta private for now (even though it adds work for me). Although 1Password for Chrome isn't for everyone yet, it does allow a large number of people to have functionality they perviously didn't.

We know this is an important feature, and therefore very high on our priority list. Have a great week!

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• haraldwithtwoehs
    haraldwithtwoehs
    Community Member

Off topic and FYI, this beta is the reason I am finally throwing money at agilebits. I've been waiting for Linux support to get away from [redacted competitor] for a while now.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey @haraldwithtwoehs,

That's awesome to hear! We are extremely committed to helping users on Linux and Chrome OS get the most out of 1Password.

Thanks for using 1Password and have a great week!

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.