To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How do I post a question and receive a reply?

Options
Chuck987
Chuck987
Community Member

Is this where I post a question? How do I know when a reply is ready? Where do I go to see the reply?

I can not sign into my online sync account. I thought the master password was the same as my vault password. It seems it is not so I assume I need 2 master passwords. How can I reset the inline one so I can access men account?

Chuck

1Password Version: 1password 6
Extension Version: 6.2.2 (662005)
OS Version: macOS Sierra 10.12.3
Sync Type: 1password.com
Referrer: forum-search:how do I post a question?

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi @Chuck987 - You posted the question in the correct location and I'm glad you reached out to us. I'll be happy to help out. We don't store secret keys or master passwords since it would compromise the security of our users. We don't want anyone to have access to the keys to your account, including us, therefore we can't reset this if lost or forgotten. Since you don't have any data associated to the account, I can send you over a special link that will give you the ability to delete it and re-create a new account using the same email address. Let me know if this works for you then we can continue the conversation via email :+1:

• rochesterkitty
    rochesterkitty
    Community Member
    Options

how the heck does one leave a discussion topic here

• Chuck987
    Chuck987
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Frank, thanks for the reply. Your suggestion will work for me. I just would like to get access so I can sync my devices otherwise I really do not need the subscription service.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @Chuck987 - Thank you for confirming. I just sent you over a special link that will give you the ability to delete your account and start over with a new one. Let me know when you get a chance to sign up for a new account so I can add a credit since you paid for the year in advance. Keep me posted if you didn't receive the email from me :-)

• Frank
    Options

Hi @rochesterkitty - I'm not entirely sure what you mean, you're fee to post under anyone of our forum topics that pertain to your question. :+1:

• Chuck987
    Chuck987
    Community Member
    Options

Hi again, Frank,
    You do not need to do anything. I just got it to work. Was confused by the use of the words "master password " To me that means my secret password for entry to 1password on the Mac. My emergency kit also uses the term so I thought it was referring to that password. I do have another password for 1password.com. I would like to suggest that you consider using more explicit terms such as vault master password and online master password. I think this would clear up the confusion I had as well as some hoers. Thanks again for the help.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @Chuck987 - I appreciate the feedback and make sure to delete the email I just sent over to you. If you can log into the account, I don't want you to delete it ;-) So make sure to disregard the email I sent over. I agree we can do better with the terminology and we're working on it :+1: Let me know if you have any further questions and I'll be happy to help out.

• Chuck987
    Chuck987
    Community Member
    Options

Regards and bye.

• Frank
    Options

It's been nice chatting with you today and if you run into any questions along the way please feel free to reach out to us. We're happy to help out.

• wagross
    wagross
    Community Member
    Options

I can't figure out how to post a question to the forum. It is clear that I'm not the only one having this problem. Could you please clarify how to do this?

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @wagross :)
    You go to the proper section (Mac, Windows, iOS etc) and click the "New Discussion" button.

• wagross
    wagross
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! I'll do that.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

:) :+1:

• Hi @wagross - Welcome to the forum and no matter where you post your questions, we'll be to help out. :+1:

• wagross
    wagross
    Community Member
    Options

OK, thanks! :)

• :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.