Possible Bug: Locked out after initial sync

strangeloop
edited June 2010 in iOS
I just tried installing 1Password Pro on my iPad and managed to lock myself out. Here's what happened:

- Install 1Password Pro on iPad
- Launch 1P pro iPad
- Choose Sync Existing, point to Mac
- Enter security codes on Mac to perform sync
- Immediately Quit 1P on iPad
- Launch 1P on iPad
- Cannot login!

It appears that when you choose Sync Existing that the creation of a master password at that point is not mandatory. By quitting before setting the password I appear to have locked myself out.

Suggest that after choosing "sync existing" that you force the setting of a master password prior to the sync operation being performed, ensuring that the data is secure (and accessible!) after placing it on the device.

HTH,

-w

Comments

• strangeloop
    edited December 1969
    to work around this issue I found that I can create a new database on the iPad, which forces the creation of a master PW.

After that, I can sync to my mac and get back in after quitting.

Note also that even if you do "sync existing" and then proceed immediately to the settings to change the master password -- you can't. it says that the master password does not match -- but I haven't set it on the iPad, and it's not coming over from my master password set on the mac either.
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I'm sorry for the trouble you saw. Using the Sync Existing option from the iPad interface does establish the iPad's Master Password to be the same as the Mac you're syncing it from — if you let it finish. Only if you create a database on the iPad will you be prompted for setting up its initial Master Password. In either event you can change the iPad's Master Password after the fact to be different than the Mac or any other copy of 1Password if you like.
  • MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Oh, and welcome to the forums, strangeloop!
This discussion has been closed.