To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Moved to new Mac, now can't add account

Options
rmollen
rmollen
Community Member

I moved to a new Mac using migration assistant. 1Password had to be re downloaded but when I open the program it seems to be trying to get the data from iCloud and not my Family account online. When I go into preferences, under accounts, the + sign to add the account is grayed out.

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: os x 10.12.6
Sync Type: 1Password for Families
Referrer: forum-search:Can't add account

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @rmollen :)
    Is 1Password currently locked? As in is it currently asking for a master password? 1Password won't let you add an account if it is currently locked. Did you ever have a standalone vault synced over iCloud?

• rmollen
    rmollen
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, it is locked and yes I used to have the standalone version prior to moving to the family version.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

But all of your data has since been moved over to your 1Password Families account, correct?

• rmollen
    rmollen
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, fully on 1Password Families.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Sorry @rmollen that question is largely irrelevant. Have you attempted entering your master password and seeing what happens?

If that doesn't work, and assuming you have you master password and secret key on hand or a setup code from one of your other devices, what you could do is reset your 1Password mac installation back to default and that should give you the option to enter in your account information and log back in. To do that you go to Help>Troubleshooting>Reset All 1Password Data and follow the onscreen prompt. That should give you the initial set up screen and let you put in your secret key and master password to log in to your Family account.

Again, only if you have your secret key or set up code and master password handy.

• rmollen
    rmollen
    Community Member
    Options

Resetting all password data did the trick. I was able to now enter the correct credentials and am fully functional. Thanks!

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Glad I could help. Cheers. :+1: :)

• Hey @rmollen! Glad to hear Corey helped out here. :) If you have some other questions down the road, feel free to let us know.

This discussion has been closed.