Opera extension is not working for me.

sm_wallace
sm_wallace
Community Member
edited September 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

The 1Password extension in Opera is not working for me. I get a pop up saying "Cannot fill item in Opera".
I've restarted Opera and the computer and still get the pop up message. Iv'e clicked on the Help button on the pop up but your page does not give directions specific to Opera. Any ideas?

Model Name: MacBook Air
Model Identifier: MacBookAir3,2
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 1.86 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBA31.0061.B07
SMC Version (system): 1.66f61

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.8.1
Extension Version: Version 4.6.11.91
OS Version: 10.12.2
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• Hello @sm_wallace,

Please follow the first set of steps on our support page If you see “1Password can’t save or fill” when you open your browser. They used to be directly under the section heading What you should do but we've now added a sub-section heading titled For all browsers to make it clearer that everybody, regardless of their browser, should follow these steps. Opera is based on Chromium and uses the Chrome native messaging support as do all all Chromium based browsers that we support. Once you complete the steps and restart Opera everything should spring into life.

• sm_wallace
    sm_wallace
    Community Member

Littlebobbytables, Thank you, fixed me right up, all is well, super quick response much appreciated...

• Loving the image @sm_wallace :lol:

You shouldn't need to do this again now that the folder exists. So if you run into any other issues with 1Password please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.