Beta 0.8.5 published!

Our first beta of September was just published a few minutes ago and it is working its way through the Chrome Web Store update process now. It should be available for everyone in about an hour from now. With the dog days of summer behind us it's time to get back in the groove of weekly updates. :)

Here's what's new in this release:

[NEW] All Vaults can be configured to exclude specific vaults from appearing
[IMPROVED] Can now fill TOTP fields on privacy.com, GitLab self-hosted, and degiro.nl
[IMPROVED] Rebased our localizations onto the new t-i18n library
[IMPROVED] A notification is now shown when an account has been added
[IMPROVED] Avoid restoring popup state after changing tabs
[IMPROVED] Popup restoration will now properly restore the Search All state
[IMPROVED] Greatly slimmed down the size of our build
[IMPROVED] Removed unnecessary console log entry on each page
[FIXED] Fixed broken TOTP display in item details when the current time was exactly divisible by 30
[FIXED] Fixed display of items with missing field names

Please put this new version through its paces and let us know how it goes.

Thank you! <3

Comments

• greew
    greew
    Community Member

[IMPROVED] Removed unnecessary console log entry on each page

Yeeeeah! Developing web pages myself, I was greatly annoyed by this log, so thank you very much :+1:

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@greew: Sorry about the temporary inconvenience, there's certainly going to be a few along the way. In the end we know we can create a tool that we all love and can rely on – we are just getting started. ;)

I hope you have a pleasant weekend. :)

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• oetorrez
    oetorrez
    Community Member

As of 0.8.5, I am unable to select the Logins group in the Chrome extension.

• 3l3phant
    3l3phant
    Community Member

Sorry - Stupid question but will Chrome's Update Extension function update the beta?

• flexorium
    flexorium
    Community Member

I am extremely annoyed that there's still not way to create new Login or generate random password using this extension.

I'm using Linux for my small business and while the extension is better than nothing, it's really really far from what I get on the Mac version. I know it's early, in Beta, but come on not being able to create new entries without going to the website version is annoying.

If - at least - you had a super quick way to open the website, pre-authenticated (using creds from extension) it would be much less annoying.

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni

@oetorrez: I confirm I see the same thing here, thank you for reporting this!

@3l3phant: Yes, Chrome will update the extensions automatically. However, you can also do it manually if you prefer, by going to the Extensions menu > clicking on the Developer mode checkbox > Update extensions now button.

@flexorium: Sorry for the frustration! I agree with the create new Login feature. When it comes to the random password, however, you can generate one by clicking on the Edit button next to an item. Clicking on it will redirect you to the website and will log you in automatically, so at least that's quick ;)

• 3l3phant
    3l3phant
    Community Member

@DanielP - I always wondered what that checkbox did :)

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni

@3l3phant It does a few other things as well, but the updating feature is the only one we need to look at right now ;)

• @oetorrez: Good news! That bug should be fixed in 0.8.6 which was just published to the Chrome Web Store. Once it's available please give it a try and let us know how it goes.

@flexorium: I hear you loud and clear. I want these features as well so you'll certainly be seeing them in the future. To level set your expectations I feel I need to mention that the ability to edit items and generate passwords are both fairly large undertakings and so it will be quite some time before it's available. With that said, these are things we're really excited to add so hopefully our excitement can get us there sooner rather than later. :)

• flexorium
    flexorium
    Community Member

@dteare don't worry - I perfectly understand what you guys have to do and I prefer that it's done right that fast and sloppy.

That said, there might be some quick win to alleviate this if you could make it easier to open the web page version by adding a button at the top of the pop up - you already do it when I go in the settings so should not be hard to at least have a quick shortcut to avoid typing my master password again if I'm logged in to extension.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@flexorium: We will have to think about your suggestion on adding a link at the top of the popup. My first thought is how this would work for people who have multiple 1Password accounts. We would need to ensure they are signed in to the correct one.

In the meantime, there is an easy way to get to the correct account and sign in automatically. From the popup, click the vault switcher icon and then the Admin button next to the account you want. Here's a quick demo of that.

I hope that helps and we will work on making this easier for the future.

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.