Convert an unused Mac license to a Windows license?

Hi,

Need help with a 2nd purchased license of 1Password; here is my issue:
I currently use 1Password on my home Mac.
Then I purchased a 2nd license of 1Password as part of the Spring 2011 MacUpdate bundle, with intentions of installing it on a soon-to-be purchased 2nd MacBook pro for a family member;
1Password has not yet been downloaded/installed nor activated with the license key provided from the confirmation email MacUpdate Bundle purchase (which I still have the confirm email, etc).

Meanwhile I now have a 2nd laptop now in use, this one a Windows machine; I would like to use the Mac license I purchased for this Windows laptop, since it looks like we will not be purchasing a 2nd Mac laptop after all.
This would help me greatly, as I use a Mac at home, and I have to use a Windows system at work (ugh), and 1Password would simplify my life greatly, and I'd like to use the 2nd license I already have to make this work, in conjunction with DropBox sync feature.
I can provide you proof of being a current user (w/ my lic#) as well as provide you the not-yet-activated Mac license# (and invoice#)--
would you PLEASE help me out by swapping my 2nd un-used Mac license over to a Windows license version? I am already promoting your product at my new job workplace, so your help is also appreciated, I love your product...

I hope you can help me out with this!

Rgds,

bill

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forum, Bill!

That's way more justification than we needed. :D Just drop us a line at support@agilebits.com, and let us know which license you'd like to change over.

Make sure you send it from the e-mail address associated with that license, though, so we can find you in our records.

We'll be glad to help!
  • Hey Bill,

I sent you an e-mail with your new key. Let us know if need anything else.

Cheers!

Brandt
  • Hi guys. I have famiy license for Mac. I use only 1 of 5 licenses . Can i downgrade to Mac single license and convert the other 4 to single license for Windows? I have to use Win to work and left only with one Mac at home. Thanks
  • Hello Amigdalos,

Unfortunately, we do not split Family license packs into separate Mac and Windows' licenses. In Bill's case above, we were willing to swap a Mac license for a Windows license, but that was a one-for-one exchange.

Our licensing policy is based on a "per user, per platform" model, and we require a separate license purchase for the Mac and for the Windows' platforms.

For anyone wishing to learn more about our licensing policy, please see our website: AgileBits licenses: How do they work?

However, as a current license holder, you are eligible for a discount on your purchase of any non-iTunes App Store license purchase(s). In order to see the discounts, please visit the following page in our Store: Upgrades for Existing License Holders

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Cheers!

Brandt
This discussion has been closed.