To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

cannot open app on galaxy s8 after transferring it from iPhone s6

Options
rnest
rnest
Community Member
edited September 2017 in Memberships

I transferred the my 1password app from my iPhone 6 to my new Samsung s8. I cannot access the app because it is asking for a secret key. Help.

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cannot open app on galaxy s8 after transferring it from ipone s6

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @rnest :)
    Sorry for the trouble. Moving to a new device can be a little nerve wracking sometimes. I'm glad to try and help you get things working again, but need a bit more information. How do you sync your 1Password data, if you sync it at all? Do you have a 1Password.com membership or do you use some other method such as dropbox?

Cheers,
    Corey

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hey @rnest,

@Corey_C is right on the money, we should be paying him! ;)

A Secret Key is only for 1Password.com monthly or annual subscription accounts (for Individual, Families, or Teams 1Password accounts). If you don't have one of those, you just need to select the sync option you were using previously (Dropbox, or WLAN Server for wifi syncing).

If you do have a 1Password.com account, we have a support guide to help you find your Secret Key here.

Let me know if that helps to get you on the right track.

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.