I have a family account I use on my iPad and now want my wife to have access on her mac

gsurbey
gsurbey
Community Member

Need to know the steps to add my wife so she has access to all passwords on her mac. I currently use it on my iPad.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Adding my wife to my family account

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @gsurbey :)
    Thanks for writing in. Inviting your wife to your family account is easy. Simply log in to the 1Password.com web interface, click the "Invitations" tab on the side bar on the right and then enter her email. The process is outlined here.

https://support.1password.com/family-sharing/

Once invited and then confirmed as a member of the family, she will have her own vault in which to store her own passwords as well as access to the shared vault where you can store things you both want access to, such as your netflix password, a shared bank account login, wifi passwords etc.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you run into any issues. :)
    Corey

• gsurbey
    gsurbey
    Community Member

Is the Ipassword.com web interface different from what I log into on my iPad to access Ipassword?

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Yes, this is done through your browser. Just checking, you do have a families subscription right?

• gsurbey
    gsurbey
    Community Member

I am in my Ipassword and I cannot see any invitations tab on the sidebar.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

On the sidebar on the right, it should say: Dashboard, Members, Guests, Invitations, Vaults, Billing, Settings.

• gsurbey
    gsurbey
    Community Member

My sidebar says Good Afternoon, then Home , then Billing. Yes I currently pay for a family subscription.

• gsurbey
    gsurbey
    Community Member

When I look under billing it says I have an individual plan yet I am being charged $4.99 monthly for a family plan. Can you assist?

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    edited September 2017

Could you check the billing tab and confirm that for me? Or the Settings tab. That should give you the option to convert to a families plan if you haven't.

• gsurbey
    gsurbey
    Community Member

Sorry I pay $3.99/month. The billing tab says I am on the Individual Plan billing through an Apple subscription. I don't see a settings tab.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Ah, so you don't have a Families plan. That would explain things. Unfortunately, since you have it set up through an Apple subscription, I can't help you change that. You will have to wait for a member of the AgileBits team to assist you. Considering this will involve some private information and this is a public forum, I suggest you email them at support@agilebits.com.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

@gsurbey: Sorry for the confusion there! it sounds like you've signed up for more than one account then — perhaps under different email addresses — and are paying for the family one. We don't have access to Apple's systems, but you can cancel the subscription through them for the one you don't need and we'll get the ball rolling to help you get things sorted out. Let me know where you're at and we'll figure it out together!

Edit: I see you've also contacted us separately via email. Let's continue the conversation there.

ref: HGA-58416-981

This discussion has been closed.