Password does not autofill

Instead of autofilling the password for the subdomain, I'm shown all the passwords for the same domain.

How can I set it to use a more strict match and login automatically?

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: 4.6.11.91
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017

Hello @keefe,

When 1Password matches Login items to a domain it first looks for matches to the FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) e.g. accounts.google.com and then will look for those that match the registered domain name google.com. With the Fill Login on current web page keyboard shortcut (⌘\) 1Password does this matching and then based on the results will behave in the following manner.

1. A single FQDN match and zero or more registered domain matches. Automatically fill with the FQDN match.
    2. Two or more FQDN matches and zero or more registered domain matches. Prompt the user, offering the FQDN matches and hiding the registered domain matches.
    3. Zero FQDN matches and one registered domain match. Automatically fill with the registered domain match.
    4. Zero FQDN matches and two or more registered domain matches. Prompt the user, offering the registered domain matches.

So the way to get the best from 1Password is to ensure the website field contains the most accurate URL it can for that Login item. That can help if a site uses multiple subdomains and you want certain ones used in certain places and it helps if you like to use open and fill as 1Password will be opening this URL in your default browser so you want the URL to point to a dedicated login page where possible.

Does this help at all?

• keefe
    keefe
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables currently I have only one FQDN match but when I try autofill, I get prompted to choose between my FQDN match and the login for another subdomain on the same domain.

I prefer to have 1password match the FQDN of the website and autofill rather than prompting me to choose the login for a different FQDN on the same domain.

• Hello @keefe,

Bearing in mind that this is a public support forum, would you be willing to copy and paste the following URLs?

1. The URL in the open tab.
    2. The URL(s) stored in the Login item that should match and fill.
    3. The URL(s) stored in the Login item that 1Password is also matching to and offering as an option.

If you're not happy posting them in our public support forums but would be okay with emailing them to us can you send them to support+extension@agilebits.com and mark it for the attention of littlebobbytables. That way I will be notified if somebody finds the email before I do.

This discussion has been closed.